20 November 2012

meeting.

Tonight we actually had the right date for the Orange County Human Trafficking Task Force.

It's amazing to hear people talk about their passion for ending human trafficking.
I'm just not used to meeting real live people who can hold a conversation about it with me.

I brought in some tea for the gal I met last week. She is close to my age and we sat together. After an orientation and then a presentation, we got to interact with some of the staff and just chat. I just can't say how exciting it is to be able to talk to someone who lives in this area full of extremely self-absorbed people, and to have her care about what I care about. I suggested we get together for coffee tea next week.

I also had a pretty awesome all-nighter with someone I met online. I would love to be able to get to know him better too.

This week is looking pretty good, from a social perspective. Not looking forward to Thanksgiving though.

No comments:

Post a Comment